Why your help is vital to our work
Why should you support HOT? We use every penny of your donation to deliver services for young people. We are careful with the money raised and always try to use it wisely.
Health Opportunities Team is a charity, and without the valuable support of funders and donors, we would not be able to provide our services to vulnerable young people in Edinburgh.
It can be tough growing up, especially if you live in poverty or if you experience trauma.The HOT Team
Our evaluation (see ‘The Impact of our work’ shows that the work we do can make a big difference in reducing young peoples’ distress, increasing their confidence and self-esteem and can help them to make positive changes in their lives.
What Your Donation Pays For
With your help, we can develop new services and can meet the demand for our therapeutic mental/emotional/sexual health services for the most vulnerable young people.
We rely on donations, volunteering projects and fundraising events to help us survive. There are lots of ways to help if you want to support our work:
- You could do a fundraising event for us – we could set up a Justgiving page – get in touch.
- You could give a small donation by clicking on our donate button to give money – even small amounts can help to change young peoples’ lives.
- You can also add gift aid if you pay tax. You could make a regular donation by standing order or a one-off donation or bequest.
- You could make us your Charity of the year, or raise money in your workplace or school.
All of the money raised goes directly to supporting young people improve their emotional, social and sexual health
What your money can do…
- £5 will pay for a health promotion contact with a young person
- £10 will pay for a young person to attend an education or therapeutic workshop for a group of young people
- £20 will pay for a Drop-in consultation where young people can get support and advice
- £45 will provide a therapeutic 1-1 session for a young person experiencing trauma or emotional difficulties
- £100 would pay for a half-day workshop for vulnerable young women to support them with self-harm
- £320 would allow us to provide a day of therapeutic services to our most vulnerable young people
- £500 will pay for an activity programme to help 6 young people increase their confidence and self-esteem
- £1000 would pay for us to provide suicide prevention work for young men who find it difficult to talk about their feelings
- £5,000 would allow us to deliver our, therapeutic, mindfulness and relaxation, programmes to young people, one day a week for a year
- £10,000 would pay for us to deliver a substance use programme of therapeutic one-to-one and group services for two days a week for a year
- £45,000 would provide a full-time worker to provide mental, sexual and physical health worker to support 20 young people for a year.
HOT Wish List
If you don’t want to donate money, you could help us by providing an item on our HOT Wish List.
We would like to give our sincere thanks to those who have funded our work:
The City of Edinburgh Council
The Stand Comedy Club
The Robertson Trust
M&S – Spark Something Good
Lloyds TSB Foundation for Scotland
Edinburgh & Lothians Health Foundation
The Pleasance Trust
Awards for All Scotland
Bank of Scotland Foundation
Voluntary Action Fund