Our Projects ‘Peer Education’ – help yourself and others to be safe
Young people helping other young people and learning from each other about healthy attitudes and keeping safe and well e.g. Alcohol, drugs, sex, peer pressure, being online.
- Improve your knowledge and skills.
- Share your ideas and experiences to help other young people to be safe,
- Help other young people to make choices that are right for them,
- Be inspired and inspire others.
Street work and outreach – reaching out with HOT info on the street
Sometimes you will see us in the local areas, chatting to young people. Our workers are friendly and relaxed. They do fun activities and they care about your ideas and views.
- Getting to know young people,
- Give you help to get services if you need them,
- Sharing information and knowledge,
- Letting you know where we are and what we do,
- Hear your voice.
Don’t worry about sounding professional. Sound like you. There are over 1.5 billion websites out there, but your story is what’s going to separate this one from the rest. If you read the words back and don’t hear your own voice in your head, that’s a good sign you still have more work to do.
Health stalls – letting us connect
We use health stalls to give you information and tell you about what we do. We enjoy meeting young people and hearing what you think.
- So you can see us and find out about what we do,
- So you can learn information about health stuff,
- So we can include young people.
Be clear, be confident and don’t overthink it. The beauty of your story is that it’s going to continue to evolve and your site can evolve with it. Your goal should be to make it feel right for right now. Later will take care of itself. It always does.
Education – giving you a chance to learn and make healthy choices
We do classes to teach young people about things that matter to you. Our classes are fun and you get a chance to think and talk about sex, relationships and emotions.